This is a legal contract between you and the Bill Coach, and covers all aspects of your use of this and any other website we own or control (the “Website”), and of any product or service that we may supply to you, to the extent these terms are not superseded by the terms of any other agreement governing the delivery of such product or service.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF SERVICE CAREFULLY. BY REGISTERING FOR, ACCESSING BROWSING, OR OTHERWISE USING THE WEBSITE YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS OF SERVICE. IF AT ANY TIME YOU DISAGREE WITH ANY OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU SHOULD IMMEDIATELY CEASE YOUR USE OF THE WEBSITE.
1. Information We Collect: To better serve site visitors, we collect two basic types of information:
– Personally identifiable information (PII): PII is information that personally identifies one individual from another. This information is voluntarily provided to us by you and is used by us for the purpose of fulfilling requests for further information regarding our services, as further detailed below. We only collect PII that you voluntarily provide to us, such as your name, physical address, email address, and phone number. We only require PII from you when it is needed to fulfill any request you may submit by and through our website.
– General Information: General Information consists of aggregate user and tracking information, such as using cookies, log analysis software and other aggregate tracking technologies. This information gives us insights on how our subscribers and site visitors use our site and our other products. This data is anonymous in nature and does not contain any PII. We use this information to ensure that our website, e-mails and marketing efforts continue to appeal to our subscribers.
2. How we use information: This website functions as an informational resource where visitors can research and submit requests for further information regarding credit counseling, debt resolution, and home and consumer lending products, as other products and services. You understand and agree that if you submit a request for further information relating to a product or service discussed on this site, we may share such of your information as may be required in order to match you with selected providers of the products and/or services that you request.
– How We Use PII: We use the PII you submit online primarily to process quote and service requests. In order to do so, you must necessarily complete the necessary forms and provide us with the information we require to comply with your request. By providing us with your telephone number, you are expressly consenting to be contacted by us or by one or more marketing partners that provide services referenced on this site, either by telephone, email or postal mail even if you have opted into the national Do Not Call List administered by the Federal Trade Commission, any state equivalent Do Not Call List or the Do Not Call List of any specific institution.
– Name: We ask for your name to properly identify you (i.e., to match your name with the telephone number and other information you provided to us) and to communicate with you on a personal level.
– Telephone Number: We ask for your telephone number to provide you with the information you request, and to process your entry into any sweepstakes or other promotions that we may run from time to time. If the number you provide us with is a mobile number, we will contact you on that number. We may contact you by telephone to offer additional products that we believe may be of interest to you. You have the right to opt out of these calls by adding your name to our internal do-not-call list. We may share your number with third party marketing partners if you have requested specific information regarding the product or service they provide. We may also share your number with regulatory authorities as required by law.
– E-mail Address: We ask for an e-mail address so that we may contact you via e-mail to maintain contact with you and provide any information you request. We typically share e-mail address information with third parties; therefore, you may also receive newsletters and offers from our sponsors, affiliates and marketing partners at this e-mail address. These mailings contain clear information on how to unsubscribe, and we honor all requests as quickly as possible.
– Mailing Address: We ask for a mailing address to validate your identity, and so we know where to ship any products or prizes. We may share your address to provide written proof to any regulatory authority that requests validation of your subscription, or otherwise as required by our own internal business purposes.
If you are using one of our websites for the purpose of obtaining a loan, you understand that The Bill Coach will share your personal information (such as your full name, address, telephone number and other information, potentially including your social security number) with lenders that have agreed to be part of our network (collectively “Lenders”). Lenders may include banks, thrifts and credit unions, as well as mortgage bankers and mortgage brokers. If you grant us authorization, The Bill Coach may use your personal information to obtain and use your credit report and credit score for the purpose of matching your request with Lenders. The Lenders may maintain the information shared with them on your behalf by The Bill Coach whether you elect to use their services or not. In the event you no longer want to receive communications from a Lender, you must notify the Lender directly.
By using the Website as directed, you are acknowledging that The Bill Coach does not offer credit counseling services, is not a lender or broker, and does not make loan or credit decisions in connection with any product or service offered to you, does not recommend, endorse, warrant or guarantee the products or services of any third party through which a product or service discussed on this website may be provided. Any compensation we may receive is paid to us by our marketing partner. The Bill Coach does not charge consumers a fee to use the websites.
3. Other Ways We Use Information. In addition to the specific uses set forth above, we may also use your information (including PII), for various business purposes including, without limitation, the following: (i) to improve the quality of your visit; (ii) to communicate with you; (iii) to confirm and manage your subscription; (iv) to provide written proof to any regulatory authority regarding your use of this website or purchases made from us; (v) to provide reports to offer sponsors and affiliates; (vi) to improve our site and the visitor’s experience through customization, analysis, and adjustments; and (vii) to enforce our agreements with you, prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities, and for other legally permissible purposes.
In addition, we sometimes contract with other companies and individuals to perform functions or services on our behalf, such as hosting the website, sending email messages and administering contests, surveys and other promotions. We necessarily have to share your PII with such third parties as may be required to perform their functions.
In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these business transfers, customer information, including PII, is typically one of the business assets that are transferred. Moreover, if all or substantially all of our business assets were acquired, or in the unlikely event that we go out of business or enter into bankruptcy, customer information (including your PII), would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any assets may continue to be used according to your PII as set forth in this policy.
4. How We Protect Your Information. We understand that the safety of your personal information is extremely important to you. That is why we use both electronic and other measures to keep your information protected from unauthorized access. We employ industry accepted tools and techniques to protect your privacy and against unauthorized access to our systems. However, we have no control over the security of other web sites on the Internet that you might visit even when a link may appear to those web sites site from our Site. If you share your computer or use a computer that is accessed by the general public, remember to sign off and close your browser window when you have finished your session.
5. Online Tracking Technology: We do not currently employ any technology that enables us to track your online activities over time and across third-party Web sites, nor do we currently permit third parties with whom we may share PII to do so. Keep in mind, however, that we have no control over the activities of third parties, and they may employ such technology regardless of whether we prohibit it. Because we do not employ tracking technology, we offer no response to Do Not Track requests transmitted by Web browsers.
6. CalOPPA Statement: In compliance with the California Online Privacy Protection Act (CalOPPA) be advised that there is no login requirement to use this site, and all users can visit this site anonymously.